Jul 22, 2010

A bit more punch art

Thought I would share some more of my punch art creations. If you would like to make some of these yourself you can purchase the Zoo Animal tutorial from Paper Punch Addiction
I have had so much fun doing these punch art cards...in my previous obsession (as a scrapbooker) I would spend hours making paper piecings, so this really satisfies my " fiddling about" cravings.


I need a small circle punch so I can give my penguin cheeks next time...he is still cute though

And now for something non punch related..I have always wanted to have a go at a secret panel card but thought it would be too tricky for little old me so I have never attempted it...but I got brave this afternoon and had a go at one...and guess what...they are SO easy!!!!. I have used the Priceless stamp set which was a gift from my upline Angie Brown...HOW NICE IS THAT! It has been on my wish list for a long time so I was thrilled to get it (thankyou Angie!!) I am thinking those swirls will make a pretty Christmas card too...anway this is the outside of the secret panel card...just noticed how badly I muffed that punched edge...I could be arrested by the card making police for that poor effort!

This is the card opened up....

...and this is the secret panel opened up....and another blunder....should have used a different stamp instead of happy birthday again...that's another warrant out for my arrest. I had so much fun making this card I think I will do it as a project at my kids class next week...with some icky bugs perhaps!
If you would like to try one of these just google secret panel card...I did that and found some great you tube videos
I think that's enough creating for one day, I have a kitchen full of dirty dishes and a mountain of washing to fold..yay for me!! Don't forget to check back on teh 24th for the ESAD blog hop!

5 comments:

  1. This little critters are so darn cute!! Don't think your penguin needs any cheeks, but why not daub some on instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used this stamp set Bev!! might have to case it (lol)
    beautiful work as always, I always love visiting your Blog.
    hugs
    Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bev, I like your punch art dragon it s so cute. I enjoyed cards with these image.

    hugs
    CookieCake

    ReplyDelete

Thanks heaps for leaving a comment!